News & Features
DISCOVER THE NATURAL WONDERS OF THE CORAL SEA WITH PONANT CRUISES
From Honiara to Nouméa, you will set sail aboard Le Soléal on a 12-day expedition cruise into the heart of the South Pacific to discover ancestral tribes and paradisiacal landscapes.
Your ship will first reach the Solomon Islands, a real tropical Eden.
Your cruise will continue to Vanuatu, considered by some as the “happiest country in the world” with its 83 islands, it unfurls a palette of extremely varied landscapes. Active volcanoes, beaches bordered by palm trees, and tropical forests welcome visitors to this exceptional archipelago located in Melanesia.
Le Soléal will also allow you to disembark onto dream beaches. Espiritu Santo, the archipelago’s main island, promises you an unforgettable bathing experience in an idyllic setting.
During your cruise, you will have the opportunity to visit several traditional villages, particularly on the islands of Ureparapara, Ambrym and Malekula. Their inhabitants will be happy to share their customs, notable for singing, dancing and art, with you.
In Tanna, do not miss out on exploring the imposing Mt Yasur, considered to be the most accessible active volcano in the world.
Le Soléal will then take you to the sublime island of Lifou with its picture-postcard landscapes of white-sand beaches and tropical vegetation, located in the Loyalty archipelago.
Then your ship will set sail towards Kouaré Island which will reveal you all its beauty and the richness of its seabed.
Your cruise will come to an end in Nouméa, capital of New Caledonia.
* A cruise in collaboration with National Geographic Expeditions offering enrichment with a National Geographic Photographer and an Expert onboard.
* Zodiac® outings & shore visits with your expedition team.
* Expedition voyage discovering Vanuatu: traditional villages, tropical beaches, coral reefs, active volcanoes.
* Sail into the Caldera of Ureparapara
* From Espiritu Santo, don’t miss the unique performance from the “water music women” on Maewa Island.
* Experience seldom visited islands in the “happiest country on earth”.
* On Tanna Island, walk to the rim of an active volcano and view a fireworks spectacle like no other.
* Discover the arts and traditions of Kanak culture, the tribes of the "Big Nambas" on the island of Malekula and the famous Rom dance of the Ambrym Islanders.
* Possibility of diving (PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent) with an experienced instructor on board and of snorkelling with your expedition team.