News & Features
THE WORLD’S MOST SPECTACULAR TALL SHIPS
In contrast to the historical feel of the ships, the facilities on board are as modern and stylish as ever. Along with high standards of service provided by an attentive crew, all three ships have expansive teak decks, swimming pools, informal dining, a convivial Tropical Bar and a comfortable piano bar. There are different categories of staterooms, all of which are equipped with en-suites, televisions, phones, DVD players, hair-dryers and a safe, and some cabins also have their own private veranda or open straight onto the deck. Along with these personal facilities, there's plenty more in terms of public areas available to all passengers. Royal Clipper even has an observation lounge to enjoy the passing scenery.
THE STAR CLIPPERS EXPERIENCE
The gentle lapping of waves against a wind-driven hull. A pod of dolphins playing in the curling bow wave. A salute to a propitious marriage, the wedding of a splendid cruise holiday with the romance of sailing aboard a true tall ship. It is the unique combination of sailing tradition and pampered relaxation that is the essence of Star Clippers. For within the setting of a magnificently evocative Tall ship is a world for those who seek an authentic sailing adventure without sacrificing creature comforts.
These graceful ships fly along the waves, just like the legendary clippers of a century and a half ago. And this is as much an adventure in highly evolved relaxation as it is in tradition. Step aboard one of Star Clippers’ three tall ships, Royal Clipper, Star Clipper and Star Flyer, for a voyage to remember. These ships are a shining example to other ships of their kind, cutting through the water with all the grace of a bird in full flight.
The perfect balance of maritime nostalgia and modern cruising, passengers are invited to help raise the sails, learn how to tie a knot and can visit the open bridge any time they please. The more adventurous can go so far as to lie in the bowsprit net suspended above the rushing sea or climb the mast to the Crow's Nest for stunning panoramic views as they sail.
Local performers, folk groups or musicians are invited on board from certain ports to liven up the evenings - and our crew members are always ready to entertain with games and nautical activities. Otherwise, there are no rigid schedules and passengers are free to do as they wish with their days and evenings.
Destinations are far and wide and include summers sailing throughout both Eastern and Western Mediterranean, making their way across the Atlantic to continue into the winter season in St. Maarten, Barbados and more recently, Costa Rica.
- Water Sports - several different water-related activities are complimentary on board, such as Kayaking, Windsurfing, snorkelling and swimming
- Get involved - Passengers can get involved with sailing the ship, climbing the crow's nest and pulling the ropes
- Delightful cuisine - Our inspired chefs make dining aboard a delightful culinary adventure with an international menu of foods from corners of the Earth.
- Unrivalled service - on board, guests will experience a 2:1 guest-to-crew ratio.
- Extensive range of destinations - including the Caribbean, Central America, the Mediterranean and Ocean Crossings. New destinations for 2014 include Cuba, the Balearic Islands and the return of the French Riviera.
- Intimate experience - Royal Clipper, the largest and only five-masted full-rigged sailing ship carries just 227 guests. Sister ships Star Clipper & Star Flyer carry 170 guests each.
- True Sailing - Star Clippers is the only cruise company to offer an authentic, natural sailing experience with both modern propulsion methods and traditional sailing